Your small business can benefit tremendously from a well-designed and maintained Wordpress website. Without good design and maintenance however, your website can quickly suffer from a number of issues that will negatively impact your business such as:
Why you might hate Wordpress
- Poor user experience leading to confusion for your website visitors
- Slow page loads that make visitors lose patience and click away
- Unpolished design that can appear unprofessional and doesn’t inspire trust
- Security issues that can lead to poor SEO and even worse, a data breech
If you’re not a technically savvy person, you may need a Wordpress expert to fix these issues ASAP.
If you have a Wordpress website and you’ve become increasingly frustrated with it over the years, you’re not alone. Although Wordpress is a powerful platform with a beautiful user interface that makes it easy to add and update content, the website itself does require ongoing investment to maintain its good functioning. It’s not much different from any other piece of complex machinery, like your computer or your car.
You may have noticed that your website may, over time, need the following:
Your website needs Wordpress updates
- Plugin security updates
- Wordpress core updates
- Theme updates
A website of this complexity unfortunately isn’t a ‘set it and forget it’ thing. The longer you ignore these maintenance needs, the website may start breaking whether in functionality or the design. Additionally, it can leave your website vulnerable to security issues.
As your business grows, you may also find yourself needing to add new features to your website to stay competitive. Here are some popular features of a small business website that can give you the edge in booking new clients and / or performing better in search engine result pages:
Modern website for small businesses
- Landing pages created around relevant keywords that are core to your business
- A lightweight chat feature where visitors can ask you questions
- A lightweight scheduling feature that allows visitors to book a consultation with you and skip the email back and forth
- Quizzes to segment your audience into their preferences so you can target them in your newsletter outreach
- Scorecard assessments to turn cold leads into warm leads by providing value upfront
- Badges displaying your awards and certifications
Get help with your Wordpress website
If you’re just getting started with a new website, it’s important to start with a theme and architecture that ensures fast page loads, an elegant design that translates your brand effectively, and keyword rich landing pages. These elements will let potential clients know that your services are exactly what they’re looking for. Foundational would be happy to get you started with that. We’re experts in Wordpress development.
If you have an existing website that needs maintenance, design customization or troubleshooting, we can help with that, too.